At Archbishop McCarthy High School, we believe that all education must lead to the development of a mature faith and concrete and personal relationship with Jesus Christ through his Church and sacraments. Emphasis is placed on instruction in the classroom, a common prayer life, participation in the Sacred Liturgy and the sacraments and community ministry and Christian service. The spiritual program includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- A prayer reading and reflection at 7:56 A.M. each morning.
- School will include a school-wide prayer and pledge of allegiance. Participation by all students is required.
- Each class will begin with a prayer or moment of spiritual reflection.
- Mass will be celebrated in the Chapel each day at 7:15 A.M.
- Masses will be held on all holy days and various times throughout the school year. All students are required to attend school Masses. Parents and alumni are invited to attend.
- The Sacrament of Reconciliation will be available each Friday during the school year and the season of Advent and Lent to the entire school.
- During the school year various religious programs including class Masses, Penitential Services and speakers from the Archdiocese and community will supplement the Theology course material.
- Community ministry service hours are required for all students each year they are in attendance at Archbishop Edward McCarthy High School.
Several videos regarding abortion and other issues that pertain to the promotion of human life are viewed by all students and are provided by the Respect Life Office of the Achdiocese of Miami..